If your holiday at Craigendarroch is approaching there are a few things you can do in advance to help you plan your stay.
Firstly, we will be posting or emailing a booking form to you. For all grocery packs, milk and newspapers, cots, high chairs and stair gates (in applicable lodges) please complete the guest booking form and return it by mail or email to the Lodge Office.
The number of guests is restricted to the total sleeping capacity (number of beds) of each lodge. Unfortunately additional guests can not be accommodated apart from babies and young children using cots. Please also check the latest Scottish Government guidance before travelling.
Arrival and departure
The following information has been prepared and details what you can expect on arrival and during your time at Craigendarroch including some new measures that have been put in place ready for your stay, so you can confidently enjoy your holiday experience.
Calendar of future arrival dates (this link opens in a new tab)
Check in and Check out
- Check in is at 4 pm.
- We ask that only one member of your party is present at check in to observe social distancing in the lobby.
- Card/contactless payment is the preferred payment option and the use of the property’s mobile texting platform, for any additional requests you may have during your stay.
- Verifying your email address during check-in will ensure your folio can be emailed on departure.
- All guests are requested to vacate their lodge by 10.00 am, to allow the housekeeping team to clean the property to the enhanced standards, in advance of the next guest.
- Please take advantage of the express check out service on your departure.
If for any reason you have to cancel your holiday, please advise the relevant organisations (Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Craigendarroch, RCI, Interval International etc) as soon as possible.
The Scottish Government has issued the following revised guidance: People from more than one household (or extended household) must not stay in self-catered accommodation together.
- Each property will be disinfected with the approved COVID-19 cleaning solutions in all the rooms, including, but not limited to, light switches, handles, remote controls, thermostats, bathrooms, telephones, kitchen appliances, cutlery, glassware, dishes, safes and more.
- A reduction of paper items, including manuals, magazines, books, games and printed promotional items.
- Crockery and cutlery will be sanitised and left in the dishwasher, for your arrival.
- External recycling and refuse bin lids will be treated with virucidal cleaning solution.
Owner or guest requests
Should there be an urgent requirement to enter your property, each Team Member will be required to wear gloves and a face covering, please adhere to social distancing whilst the Team Member undertakes your request. Team Members will use Public Health Scotland COVID-19-approved virucidal cleaning solutions to sanitise work areas properly before and upon completion of the request, Team Members will remove and dispose of gloves, once that have vacated the property.
Linen extras and Owners or guests staying more than one week. Housekeeping will contact you to arrange a time preferably while you are out. If this is not possible, the team will be happy to drop off clean linen and towels outside your front door and collect the used items. Used items must be bagged and placed outside the property door for collection to maintain low-contact and social distancing.
Complimentary Wi-fi is available in your property. The band width increased at the beginning of 2019 and a one-time login enables ease of connection during your stay.
Each lodge has its own car parking spaces (please only use your allocated space!). Additional car parking is available in the Country Club car park.
Electric car charging points
At the current time there are no charging points at Craigendarroch. However, in the village of Ballater they are located in the public parking area behind the church near the Co-op. You can also find an up-to-date list of points at www.bookmycharge.com (this opens in a new tab).
Unfortunately pets are not permitted within the resort at any time. There is however a range of dog boarding kennels in Aberdeenshire. Some owners use the following:
Smoking in the lodges
As a courtesy to other residents please refrain from smoking in all lodges. Smoking is permitted on the balcony only.
We look forward to welcoming you to Craigendarroch.
Weather and travel
The resort entrance is on the main A93 Perth – Braemar – Aberdeen road, one mile west of Ballater. The resort is 16 miles from Braemar, and 42 miles from Aberdeen.
Driving, flying or taking a train or a bus? Not sure what to bring with you? For weather and travel information including recommended websites please view the relevant section of our website.
Even if you are familiar with Royal Deeside, there are endless hidden gems waiting to be discovered. Many activities and businesses are open but may have restrictions – please check websites for full details.